Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation Links

Beach & Park Event Forms

The Town of Huntington welcomes its residents to reserve areas at its Parks & Beaches for group events and picnics.  

Because the demand for use of Parks & Recreation facilities is high and group use can involve additional security and maintenance responsibilities, Parks & Recreation authorizes such use by permit, links to the forms for which appear below.

We recommend that you call Denise at (631) 351-3096 for an appointment when applying for a Special Event or Nancy at (631) 351-3103 for a Family or Organizational Picnic. They can assist you with your Application and Town requirements for a permit

  •  Town Picnic Facilities: 

Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, January 10, 2017.


Based on a first-come, first-serve basis in Town Hall, Room 103, Parks & Recreation Office to pick dates, pay application fee(s) for Organizations & Family Picnics for the Season.

  • Crab Meadow Beach Picnic Area
  • Centerport Beach Picnic Area    
  • Elwood Park Picnic Area
  • Caledonia Park Picnic Area
  • William. E. Kessler Park Picnic Area

*Parks & Recreation advises that New York State allows a very limited number of Alcoholic Beverage permits per Beach & Park Picnic Area. Groups using Town facilities who would like to offer these beverages to guests will have to apply directly to the New York State Liquor Authority for a permit and permission. We require the NYSLA (9) nine page application (which includes the Landlord signature page that the Town Supervisor has to sign for the NYSLA) to be submitted with the Towns Special Event Picnic Beer & Wine Permit Application and your Insurance Certificate as per the application & Town Attorney's Office.